Starting Your Home-Based Business: Accomplishing Your Goals
- J. Elisha Burke offers the following royalty-free article for you to publish online or in print.
Feel free to use this article in your newsletter, website, ezine, blog, or forum.
- You have permission to publish this article for free providing the author resource box is included in its entirety.
- Do not post/reprint this article in any site or publication that contains hate, violence, porn, warez, or supports illegal activity.
- Do not use this article in violation of the US CAN-SPAM Act. If sent by email, this article must be delivered to opt-in subscribers only.
- If you publish this article in a format that supports linking, please ensure that all URLs and email addresses are active links.
- Please send a copy of the publication, or an email indicating the URL to elibu19@...
- Article Marketer (www.ArticleMarketer.com) has distributed this article on behalf of the author. Article Marketer does not own this article, please respect the author's copyright and publication guidelines. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this article.
Article Title: Starting Your Home-Based Business: Accomplishing Your Goals
Author: J. Elisha Burke
Category: Business/Home_Business, Internet/Marketing/Online_Promotion, Internet/E-Commerce
Word Count: 404
Author's Email Address: elibu19@...
Article Source: http://www.articlemarketer.com
------------------ ARTICLE START ------------------
The home-based business has become a new alternative to the traditional full-time job. Over 50 million Americans presently work at home, with those figures steadily rising
every year. With the constant threat of corporate ownsizing, many use this commerce option as a source to increase earning potential and stabilize their income. The home-based business can eventually lead to an extremely lucrative financial future. However, before your business takes shape, both personal and professional goals must be established.
Decide What You Will Sell
When you are initially deciding the idea for a home-based business, take a page from your own life story. Try selecting something that you take pleasure in doing, such as a favorite hobby, and that the public will purchase. You can also use expertise that you already use professionally or skills used through everyday activities. Still having trouble coming up with a business plan? Try surveying the general public and find out what products and services are in demand. Basic market research may be the secret to what
you are searching for.
Set-Up A Home Office
Finding the proper place for your office can be troublesome in a home-based business situation. First of all, you must find a room large enough to accompany all of your business essentials. You will need space for a computer desk and chair, storage space for books and reference materials, and a work space for packaging and shipping. And most importantly, it is critical that your office is in a room where you will not be disturbed. To attain your goals of success, you must treat your home office as the work space that it is.
Present A Professional Image
You must be prepared to present a professional image for your home-based business. It will be difficult to attract customers with a less than stellar appearance. A custom-
designed logo is a necessity for any business, especially those not as yet recognized in the marketplace. This logo will make your company identifiable with the consumer, and
should be placed on every visual form of communication. This includes stationary, business cards, invoices, and e-mails. Also, be prepared to purchase the highest quality paper for business cards and stationary. Although it may cost a bit more money now, the results will be favorable.
Establishing yourself in the home-based business world is a goal that can be accomplished. With motivation and perseverance, you can be well on your way to reaching your financial goals working from your home.
Dr. J. E. Burke, an educator and entrepreneur, has been involved in various business enterprises via his business, Burke Publications for 11 years. Dr. Burke is an educator, writer and motivational speaker on a variety of topics. He is also known for his expertise on nonprofit organizations and grant proposal writing. Dr. Burke can be contacted at http://burkepublications.com or http://news.burkepublications.com
------------------ ARTICLE END ------------------
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]