Issue #5 - Amy Ray, Grassroots Feminism, Ovum Donation
- Just $4 gets you...
* Amy Ray, of Indigo Girls fame
* Jennifer Baumgardner & Amy Richards, co-authors of "Manifesta"
* Hassan Zee, director of Night of Henna
* Haven Coalition
* An Activist In Diapers: A Mother's First Protest with Her Daughter
by Jessica DeBalzo
* The Graying of Gay America
by Nina Braten
* Ovum: Tales of Egg Donation
by Sunny Daly
* Just a john? Pornography and Men's Choices
by Robert Jensen
* Art as an Antidote to War
by Leslie Donado
* Feminism and Gender Binaries
by Stephanie Basile
* Fishing: The New Resource Way
by Robert Ovetz
* First Comes Love... But What If I Don't Want Marriage?
by Sarah Herrington
* The Global Local: Migrant Identity and Struggles in Aotearoa/ New
Zealand by Shasha Pinkit
Send cash, check or money order made out to "Mandy Van Deven" to:
955 Metropolitan Avenue
Brooklyn NY 11211
OR buy it at the web store at www.AltarMagazine.com.
CALL FOR WRITING AND ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1st
We're accepting submissions for Altar Magazine Issue #6. The
vitality of this magazine is as dependent on our contributors as we
are on our readers. Your work is important, and we want to publish
it. We welcome people from all over the world to be a part of this
publication. Full submission guidelines can be found in the "Submit"
www.AltarMagazine.com. Email info@altarmagazine after reading the
guidelines if you have any questions. We hope you will be a part of
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LISTSERVE
To receive calls for submissions, news about new issues and other
Altar Magazine announcements, please write to info@...
and state that you would like to be add to the listserve or send an
email to altarmagazine_announcements-subscribe@... with
subscribe in the subject.
JOIN THE CREW
If you're interested in being a part of Altar Magazine, especially
if you live in NYC, email mandy@.... I'm looking for a
few good media folks to share in the delight of creating a magazine
and to spread the word about us by spreading flyers all over your
town. We are always looking for people with or without experience to
help in areas of proofreading, distribution, event planning,
reviewer and other positions.