Issue #5 - Amy Ray, Grassroots Feminism, Ovum Donation

  • altarmagazine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      Just $4 gets you...
      Interviews with:
      * Amy Ray, of Indigo Girls fame
      * Jennifer Baumgardner & Amy Richards, co-authors of "Manifesta"
      and "Grassroots"
      * Hassan Zee, director of Night of Henna
      * Haven Coalition

      Articles:
      * An Activist In Diapers: A Mother's First Protest with Her Daughter
      by Jessica DeBalzo
      * The Graying of Gay America
      by Nina Braten
      * Ovum: Tales of Egg Donation
      by Sunny Daly
      * Just a john? Pornography and Men's Choices
      by Robert Jensen
      * Art as an Antidote to War
      by Leslie Donado
      * Feminism and Gender Binaries
      by Stephanie Basile
      * Fishing: The New Resource Way
      by Robert Ovetz
      * First Comes Love... But What If I Don't Want Marriage?
      by Sarah Herrington
      * The Global Local: Migrant Identity and Struggles in Aotearoa/ New
      Zealand by Shasha Pinkit
      and more!

      Send cash, check or money order made out to "Mandy Van Deven" to:
      Altar Magazine
      955 Metropolitan Avenue
      Suite 4R
      Brooklyn NY 11211

      OR buy it at the web store at www.AltarMagazine.com.

      CALL FOR WRITING AND ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS
      DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1st
      We're accepting submissions for Altar Magazine Issue #6. The
      vitality of this magazine is as dependent on our contributors as we
      are on our readers. Your work is important, and we want to publish
      it. We welcome people from all over the world to be a part of this
      publication. Full submission guidelines can be found in the "Submit"
      section of
      www.AltarMagazine.com. Email info@altarmagazine after reading the
      guidelines if you have any questions. We hope you will be a part of
      Altar Magazine.

      SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LISTSERVE
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      To receive calls for submissions, news about new issues and other
      Altar Magazine announcements, please write to info@...
      and state that you would like to be add to the listserve or send an
      email to altarmagazine_announcements-subscribe@... with
      subscribe in the subject.

      JOIN THE CREW
      If you're interested in being a part of Altar Magazine, especially
      if you live in NYC, email mandy@.... I'm looking for a
      few good media folks to share in the delight of creating a magazine
      and to spread the word about us by spreading flyers all over your
      town. We are always looking for people with or without experience to
      help in areas of proofreading, distribution, event planning,
      reviewer and other positions.