Madison Zine Fest 2005

  • Alycia Sellie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hello!
      You are invited to the volunteer meeting for the Madison Zine Fest,
      which will take place Monday, April 18th at 6pm in the SLIS commons on
      the 4th floor of Helen C. White Hall (doors are to the left of the
      entrance of College Library).

      Please come if you are interested in lending a hand in the preparation
      of the fest, if you'd like to be involved come October, or if you are
      interested in promoting independent, underground or alternative
      materials and publications. I am looking for help in promoting, funding
      and programming this year's events and would love for this year's fest
      to grow within the Madison Community.

      The Madison Zine Fest is a collaboration with the Wisconsin Book
      Festival, and both events are scheduled for October 12-16, 2005.
      This year's fest already has a few exciting sponsors to announce, among
      them Punk Planet, and the Madison Public Library. Out first confirmed
      guest for the 2005 is Sanford Berman, who provides a great start to the
      second annual event (for more info on Sandy, see:
      http://sanfordberman.org/ ).

      An all-new 2005 zine fest website is in the works, and an email list has
      been created. To add yourself to the list and stay updated with all the
      latest, go to: http://madisonzinefest.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman

      This event has many opportunities for group or individual involvement
      and I welcome any suggestions or proposals for events, promotions or
      resources. If you are interested in getting involved, but are unable to
      make the meeting, please do not hesitate to get in touch, and please
      feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

      Best,
      Alycia Sellie
      librarian@...
      www.madisonzinefest.org