How To Improve Short And Long Term Memory - Some Simple Exercises

  • Peter Wellington
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007

      Message delivered directly to members of the group:
      zinepublishers@yahoogroups.com

      Peter Wellington

      ==================

      contains the article to http://www.isnare.com/eta.php?aid=197233

      MUST be set to hyperlinks and we ask that you send a copy of the
      URL where the article is posted to
      http://www.isnare.com/eta.php?aid=197233

      The role of iSnare.com is only to distribute this article as
      part of its Article Distribution feature (
      http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php ). iSnare.com does NOT
      own this article, please respect the author's copyright and this
      publication/reprint terms. If you do not agree to any of these
      terms, please do not reprint or publish this article.
      ==================

      Article Title: How To Improve Short And Long Term Memory - Some
      Simple Exercises
      Author: Peter Wellington
      Word Count: 575
      Article URL: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=197233&ca=Self+Help
      Format: 64cpl
      Contact The Author: http://www.isnare.com/eta.php?aid=197233

      Easy Publish Tool: http://www.isnare.com/html.php?aid=197233

      improvement guide.

      We're aware that its possible to strengthen our body through
      physical exercise but do we also know that its equally possible
      to improve the brain and consequently the short term and the
      long term memory, through regular, planned and increasing more
      challenging exercise.

      Common research suggests that we can all improve our memory
      through simple daily brain activities.

      Try these simple brain exercises right now and see an immediate
      improvement:

      Can you remember 15 details of your life at the time of the
      death of Diana Princess of Wales? Or can you recall where you
      were when the news that Elvis had passed away was announced?
      Don't force yourself to remember. It's not a case of racking
      your brain. Indeed that would be an absolute hindrance to what
      we are trying to achieve. Simply relax and allow your mind to
      wander and for thoughts to come and go as they please. If
      possible close your eyes and allow the subconscious to paint its
      own colorful abstracts.

      This activity is simple and is ideal if you desire to know how
      to improve short and long term memory.

      How about trying this if on a long journey: relax again and set
      your mind a simple exercise and try to think of as many words
      with the letter as possible. Maybe choose a specific topic, such
      as names of people or animals, or minerals, or whatever. Then
      simply progress through the letters of the alphabet. Again
      there's really no need to strive but just relax into the
      activity and allow your mind, the deeper thoughts to come
      through. You'll be astounded with how much surfaces when you're
      not trying.

      Tat seems to be the case with our memory doesn't it? In the
      frantic search for the car keys, something each of us has
      experienced we can't for the life of it, find them. But as we
      stop the search and begin to relax the memory or the thought
      about where we might possibly look next comes up trumps and we
      find what we were so diligently seeking. Amazing, isn't it!
      Stress and Memory Improvement Techniques

      Perhaps the greatest threats to our capacity to improve our
      memory is stress. You see when you are suffering from stress, in
      whatever form, your system will release high levels of cortisol
      into your bloodstream. Cortisol has the effect of destroying
      glucose - and, quite simply, glucose is the brain's only source
      of food. So if your brain is not getting the nutrients it needs
      then it will not function as well.

      There are many resources on the web that will teach you how to
      improve short and long term memory. All it takes is a simple
      Google search. More specifically you should also go to
      www.immensememory.com and enrol into the FREE University of the
      Mind Immense Memory Course. Peter Wellington is the author of
      "Immense Memory - University of the Mind."

      About The Author: There are many resources on the web that will
      teach you how to improve short and long term memory. All it
      takes is a simple Google search. More specifically you should
      also go to http://www.immensememory.com and enroll into the FREE
      University of the Mind Immense Memory Course.

      Please use the HTML version of this article at:
      http://www.isnare.com/html.php?aid=197233

      For more free-reprint articles by Peter Wellington please
      visit:
      http://www.isnare.com/?s=author&a=Peter+Wellington