Zine on, again -

  • Darrell Goza
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      I'm going to try to publish all the posts and as many
      of the responses as I can, along with my absolutely,
      positively final commentary on the subject of whether
      the small press can be and/or should be pushed towards
      becoming commercially profitable. I'll do it in a
      ScriptGraphics book that I'm designing and laying out
      now. It should be ready by the end of 2003 or early
      2004. It should pretty much be the definitive word on
      the discussion.

      I'm also working on a ScriptGraphics Blue Plaque
      Publications Special and I'll try to do the Cliff
      Notes version of the above mentioned posts in it. This
      of course will depend on the space limitations of the
      project but it is my intention to include them.

      If Ian Shires takes me up on having me be an
      inteviewer of fanzines and indy's, rest assured I
      won't be reviewing through rose colored glasses. I
      will be doing hard critical analysis of the books sent
      to me for review. I will be fair and establish a
      system for evaluating size vs. cost, artistic
      professionalism (for art, writing and lettering),
      overall production values, subject matter relevance
      and the like. Don't balk, this is what the small press
      has needed since Bill Dale Marcinko disappeared AFTA.

      If you haven't purchased the whole ScriptGraphics line
      of products, or any of the variations thereof, get off
      your duff and stop by the SG site and do so now. Once
      these versions of the books are gone, they're gone for
      good. The retools will have the more contemporary
      sleek look of computer aided design and lettering and
      the stories will be continued in, at the very least, a
      bimonthly format. Everyone talks about wanting to be
      there when a genre or format is created and this is
      your chance. Don�t say you weren�t aware.
      (PS: The people that ordered the whole kit and
      kaboodle of what SG produced, also got the entire 12
      issue run of The GCCC Newsletter free. They�ve
      expressed that, even though they loved the line of
      books and the independent titles, the newsletters most
      reminded them of the reason they got into small press
      in the first place. Yeah, we love them too).

      More soon -
      Darrell Goza

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com