2 brand spankin' new zines from Denver

  • kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2003
      After breaking down and starting to make zines, I'm finally getting
      my feet wet in the zine listserv scene...

      I have two brand new zines out last week.

      1. Bodily Fluids #1 is a slightly traumatic story about the time I
      peed myself in kindergarten. It's short and has some hand-drawn
      pictures illustrating my embarrassment. It's tiny, so I'm only asking
      for 1 stamp or equivalent.

      2. These Hands Can... was put together at my summer camp. I read a
      story to campers and counselors, then gave out quarter sheets that
      said, "These Hands Can...," at the top. Everyone wrote and/or
      illustrated what their hands can do. It was really interesting to see
      what a lot of these folks produced (ages 7-25 and someone in their
      40s). This one costs $1

      In other news:
      My older zine, Do As I Say, Not As I Do: Family Lessons to Unlearn is
      still available for 2 stamps or equivalent. It's about bringing home
      a transgender boyfriend to meet my family over Thanksgiving and how
      that all felt.

      As Jamez/VK mentioned, Tomatoes = Love has a new listserv
      (tomatoeslove-subscribe@yahoogroups.com if you want to join). Feel
      free to request a catalog or send your zines for consideration.

      kelly
      shortandqueer@...

      tomatoes=love
      111 w. archer pl.