does anyone want to trade zines/comics?

  • Terri Affleck
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003
      hello there, ok i just want to say first of all that i joined a bunch of zine related email groups tonite, and for starters ive just got this one thing to say and im gonna send the same to all 4 groups i found. i dont know if you people are subscribed to more than one of them so dont hate me if you get repeats of this, but i thought it would be less silly than rephrasing it!
      ive just put out a comic recently called 'my only fascination'. it's 40 pages xeroxed and a5, it's the first comic by my friend yurt and i, a bit messy and silly like first efforts tend to be. we made zines when we were growing up and i suppose the comic reflects that, having some fairly abstract treatments of riot grrrl and strange drawings of our favourite musicians, as well as some siamese twin circus ladies....
      im busy with my new comic so feedback would be really helpful, it can be bought for £1.30/$3 (inc. postage) but if you make something yourself, zines, comics, tapes etc, trades are encouraged because i really want to get involved in a community again! it quite different using the internet rather than just mail to do this! my address is Clambake, 12 Over street, brighton, bn1 4ee, united kingdom, or arrange stuff by email...thanks for yr time, terri

      come to our comic clambake! www.clambake.0catch.com xxx
      [website-in-progress]