How-To Make Your Ezine Stand Out From The Masses

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * zinepublishers@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      How-To Make Your Ezine Stand Out From The Masses

      Article Description:
      ====================

      With so much competition in the marketplace for ezine
      subscribers, it is imperative for us to learn how to develop a
      loyal following among our own subscribers. In this article, I
      examine a three ezines that are excelling in the marketplace and
      building a large and loyal following of readers. I will also look
      at three reasons why these three e-zines are doing so well.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2007-01-30 12:48:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2007
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt_80x105b.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Bill_Platt

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=4317&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/secrets-to-successful-ezines.shtml#get_code

      How-To Make Your Ezine Stand Out From The Masses
      Copyright (c) 2007 Bill Platt
      the Phantom Writers
      http://thePhantomWriters.com

      This morning, I was contemplating the question of how many ezines
      (electronic magazines) were currently in circulation. So, I tried
      to do a bit of detective work.

      * Newsletter Access (http://www.newsletteraccess.com/) has
      nearly 10,000 ezines listed in their database.

      * PubList.com shows 150k in their database.

      * The ISSN (International Standard Serial Number) database has
      so far registered more than one million periodicals, many of
      those being in the electronic format. (http://www.issn.org/)

      No matter which set of numbers you follow, there are a lot of
      ezines competing with your ezine for the same set of readers.

      With so much competition in the marketplace for ezine
      subscribers, it is imperative for us to learn how to develop a
      loyal following among our own subscribers. In this article, I
      examine a three ezines that are excelling in the marketplace and
      building a large and loyal following of readers. I will also look
      at three reasons why these three e-zines are doing so well.

      The Electronic Newsletters That We Will Review...

      1. Travel by Vasrue Weekly E-Magazine
      (http://travel.vasrue.com/newsletter/index.html)

      2. Your Membership (http://www.yourmembership.net/)

      3. SiteProNews (http://www.sitepronews.com/)

      Original And Exclusive Content

      All three of these electronic newsletters utilize original
      content at one level or another.

      * Travel by Vasrue uses only exclusive, original, travel content
      in their E-Magazine.

      * The Your Membership newsletter, owned by AEO Publishing, Inc.,
      provides a section of their newsletter for webmasters to submit
      websites for review, and then they print some of those reviews
      for their readers to consider. They also allow individuals to
      submit questions, and then they print the best answers submitted
      by their readers.

      * SiteProNews, owned by Jayde Online, Inc., utilizes a lot of
      first-run, original content written by members of their staff,
      including articles written by Jim Hedger and Mel Strocen. Some of
      this content can be seen in other publications later, but you
      will always see it in SiteProNews first.

      Exclusive content allows your ezine to stand far above all of
      your competitors. While free reprint articles (like this one) are
      a good source of information, most of your competitors rely
      solely on other people to create the content for their
      newsletters.

      For most readers, this is not a big deal, except when the
      particular article used may have been read in competing ezines
      previously.

      Readers tend to favor ezines that utilize exclusive or first-run
      content in their issues.

      A Winning Formula

      Successful ezines always have a specific format and formula for
      their publications.

      * Travel by Vasrue focuses on giving their readers specific
      information that they can use to make good travel decisions. They
      also provide specific information regarding a choice of vacation
      options within the context of their currently discussed travel
      destination.

      * The Your Membership newsletter focuses on offering their
      readers an opportunity to ask questions and to have those
      questions answered by other readers who have the knowledge to
      share.

      * SiteProNews prefers to provide content that will point you to
      third-party resources that are related to the current topic.

      Once an ezine has found their winning formula, that formula will
      become their trademark.

      They Understand Their Readers

      If you do not understand what your readers want from your
      newsletter, you will never be able to develop a profitable
      mailing list.

      * Travel by Vasrue doesn't leave it to chance. They ask their
      readers what destinations they would be interested to find
      specific information. Then they deliver exactly what their
      readers have asked to receive.

      * The Your Membership newsletter is offered on a dozen or so
      websites that cater specifically to the needs of webmasters who
      are looking to develop a commercially viable website. While the
      source of the subscription pretty much defines what their readers
      want to see in the newsletter, the fact that they rely on the Q&A
      process to fill their issues helps them to select articles that
      would be of real interest to their readers.

      * SiteProNews is offered to the people who use Jayde Online's
      many free webmaster tools. Their newsletter caters to the needs
      of those commercial webmasters who are already utilizing their
      free tools.

      In Conclusion...

      Successful ezines are those that are willing to cater to the
      specific needs of their readers, and then they deliver their
      information in a consistent format. Successful ezines are also
      those that are willing to invest the extra time, effort and money
      into creating one-of-a-kind, original content for their readers
      to voraciously consume.

      While those reprint articles are often very informative, I am
      sure that you hate it when you see the same article appear in a
      number of the ezines that you read. A once-in-a-while repeat
      article is all well and good, but if one ezine is consistently
      following in the footsteps of another ezine you read, then why
      would you want to keep reading the second?

      The Your Membership newsletter has shown us that utilizing mostly
      reprint articles can prove successful, when you are willing to
      mix some other kinds of exclusive content with the free reprint
      articles. SiteProNews has shown us that you can be successful
      when you are willing to mix original, first-run articles with
      reprint articles.

      By following the lead of those who have been successful before
      you, you might just find that you can build your mailing list to
      be a very profitable aspect of your overall enterprise. It is my
      hope that this free reprint article has given you some food for
      thought as to how to follow in the steps of those before you.

      Bill Platt owns http://thePhantomWriters.com, which specializes
      in distributing free-reprint articles to ezine publishers and
      webmasters. He has been providing his services since 2001. You
      can reach Bill by phone at 405-780-7745 between the hours of 9am
      and 6pm CST, Monday through Friday. To learn about some of Bill's
      other services, please visit http://www.PlattServicesInc.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/secrets-to-successful-ezines.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Bill Platt
      http://thePhantomWriters.com