Santa Barbara Zine Fest - This Weekend!

  • cafedweller
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      The Santa Barbara Zine Fest is just a few days away!

      Saturday, June 1, 2002
      Goleta Valley Community Center
      5679 Hollister Avenue, Goleta CA
      11am - 5 pm
      Free Admission

      Participants this year include Fragments, The Assassin and the
      Whiner/Food Geek, Moon Potatoes Distro, Wishbone, Lummox Journal and
      Press, Endeavor Comix, Angerbox, El Muerto/Super Comic Blast, Billy
      Cole/Poor Boy Comics, Starfiend Distro, Calling Monster Island,
      Idiosyncrasy, Mad People Distro/She's Not a Morning Person, Sea
      of Slime, Baja/Bughouse, Pisces Catalog, Cult of Eidophusikon, Pacer
      Magazine, Mr. Peebody's Soiled Trousers & Other Delights, Inbred
      Picnic/Sweet Dreams for Talula, Have You Seen the Dog Lately?, Howl
      Movement, Angry Thoreauan, Yellow Cape Revolution Distro, and Martin,
      the Satanic Racoon. Quite a nice lineup, eh? I'm very pleased
      with the number of distros involved this time around. More
      publications to choose from!

      Festival directions, local hotels/motels, transportation, nearby
      restaurants, etc. and all be found on the website:
      http://www.javaturtle.com/zinefest.html

      Once again, the after party will be held at the wild and wonderful
      Mercury Lounge, just down the street from the community center at
      5871 Hollister Avenue. It's a funky bar with comfy couches, a
      pool table, and back patio. They sell beer, wine and hard pear cider
      (on tap). You must be 21 and older to walk through the doors. The
      party starts around 730-8PM. That should give us plenty of time to
      clear out of the center, rest up and grab a bite to eat. You are
      welcome to arrive earlier if you wish. Just make sure to save some
      pear cider for me!

      If you live on the CA central coast turn your radio dial to FM 91.9
      on Wednesday at 7pm. I will be interviewed by Matthew Mishory on KCSB
      Arts and Entertainment News. There will also be an article this
      Thursday in the Santa Barbara News-Press. Staff reporter Charlotte
      Beechler interviewed me, Bunnigrrrl (Wishbone), and cartoonist Javier
      Hernandez (El Muerto) in the Life section. I'll have copies of
      the article at the fest.

      Make sure to stop by the free table. There will be lots of goodies
      including zine fest buttons created by Scott, the button guy.
      http://www.buttonguy.org/

      See you this weekend.

      Lynne
      Java Turtle zine