your info wanted - last chance

  • Jerianne
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2003
      We're hard at work on production of Zine World #20. This is your last
      chance to submit info for this issue. If you have something to
      promote or information to share with your fellow zinesters, please
      get in touch now.

      Just to remind you, we welcome you to send:

      * free classified ads, up to 50 words -- for your zine, your distro,
      your books, your looking for submissions, your looking for penpals,
      your underground radio show, your whatever. Just be sure to include a
      *mailing address* in your contact info, unless you're only
      advertising a website. Not all of our readers are net-connected. (We
      also accept paid advertising; please contact ads@...
      for more info.)

      * event listings and reviews of recent events. Zine conferences and,
      skillshare workshops, comic book conferences, fundraisers, craft
      fairs, etc. We will list events on our website
      (www.undergroundpress.org/events.html) but also want them for the
      zine. If you've been to an event sometime in the past few months,
      please tell us about it. What did you like, what did you dislike,
      what suggestions do you have? The information and opinions you share
      could help event organizers in planning.

      * address changes. (These will also be posted on our website:
      www.undergroundpress.org/changes.html.)

      * reports on stores and distros. Who do you recommend? Who do you
      recommend we stay away from? And why? Who pays quickly? Who drags
      their feet? Who's easy to work with? Help your fellow zinesters stay
      informed.

      * advice and experiences relating to the post office, other shipping
      outlets, copy shops -- whatever commercial venues we zinesters use.

      * news items. Has someone in your hometown been subjected to
      censorship? Run afoul of the police for written or verbal protest?
      Kicked out of school for publishing an underground newsletter?
      Suspended for their off-school website? Subjected to insane zero
      tolerance policies? Threatened by a company for trademark
      infringement? We want to know! Send us news clips or point us to
      sources.

      * letters. Love mail, hate mail, it's all the same to us. We want to
      know what you think about what we're doing.

      All items can be sent to jerianne@... or to PO Box
      330156, Murfreesboro TN 37133.

      thanks!
      jerianne