Hi Everybody. New member touching bases

  • askamfr
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2009
      Hi. My name is Kev Smith and me and my wife Angela are the 'Mardy model railway club'.
      We have(at the last count) 5 Z gauge layouts which we take out onto the U.K model railway exhibition circuit including 'Midsomer mardy' our British outline layout featuring modern image diesel and electrics (47's 56's 67's etc) and a lot of scratchbuilt and kitbashed stock. The layout is the current trophy holder from Millom model railway exhibition
      and once I have sussed this site I will put up some more stuff on here. I am much more up to speed on trainboard.com I must admit mainly because our latest layout 'Cuyahoga' based on the Nickel plate road in America has generated a lot of interest over there.
    • zgaugeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2009
        Hi Kev and Angela,

        Nice to have you both `on board'. Looked up `Mardy' on Google and saw your Z gauge layout.
        Great touch with the `pint size' operators. I am also into American `Z' having been to California twice and compared notes with my wifes' cousin husband Rod. The American Diesels Marklin Triple Unit F7 A-B-A really are good with so many pick-ups and slow running speeds. Micro Trains do some interesting box cards like the `Twelve days of Christmas' and the new `States of America'. One thing I have yet to come across in `Z' is the coach lighting circuit off the 10v AC. Arnold did a constant lighting set in N gauge some time ago which was great leaving the loco lights on all the time. Look forward to pics in our photo section when you have the time. I am located in West Surrey. Eric