Re: Ellmar British Rail Class 47 diesel

  • phil_copleston
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2004
      On 31 January "phil_copleston" <philc@s...> wrote:
      > Hi Eric, <snip> Question is, does anyone know where the
      > original tooling is? I could ask my Ellmar tool-maker
      > friend if he knows, though I doubt it - it was 20 years
      > ago now! <snip> And did the HST Power Car and Class 87
      > electric loco ever appear (I have seen the original magazine
      > reviews, but never the actual models). Ellmar also
      > advertised repaints of DB coaches into a BR livery - never
      > seen these either...

      Hi there ...anyone,

      Is anyone responding to this list? I posted a msg. on 31st January
      (see above), but there have been no further postings since. Did I
      put everone off?

      Phil Copleston
    • zgaugeman
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2004
        Hi Phil...

        I am sure you have not put anyone off.

        A lot of my contacts only visit the site at odd times through the
        year.

        Interested in the tooling for the class 87.
        I wonder if it ever appears that some bodies could be made.
        Oh!!!!! I wish that Marklin would produce a British locomotive.
        Perhaps something will be produced to come through the Channel Tunnel
        in the future.

        I know also that Fleishmann caught a 'cold' with their British HO
        loco and coaches but in Z gauge the problem of scale would not prove
        a problem.

        .--- In zgaugebritishandeuropean@yahoogroups.com, "phil_copleston"
        <philc@s...> wrote:
        > On 31 January "phil_copleston" <philc@s...> wrote:
        > > Hi Eric, <snip> Question is, does anyone know where the
        > > original tooling is? I could ask my Ellmar tool-maker
        > > friend if he knows, though I doubt it - it was 20 years
        > > ago now! <snip> And did the HST Power Car and Class 87
        > > electric loco ever appear (I have seen the original magazine
        > > reviews, but never the actual models). Ellmar also
        > > advertised repaints of DB coaches into a BR livery - never
        > > seen these either...
        >
        > Hi there ...anyone,
        >
        > Is anyone responding to this list? I posted a msg. on 31st January
        > (see above), but there have been no further postings since. Did I
        > put everone off?
        >
        > Phil Copleston
      • Phil Copleston
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2004
          zgaugeman wrote:
          > I know also that Fleishmann caught a 'cold' with their British HO
          > loco and coaches but in Z gauge the problem of scale would not prove
          > a problem.

          Unless, of course, they did something silly like produce their British Z
          scale stuff to a slightly larger scale of 1:200 to compensate for the
          slightly smaller loading gauge of British trains!

          If anyone ever does invest in some tooling for British models in Z scale,
          or even the new "Euro-locomotive" the Class 66, let us hope they keep
          to a consistent scale. We live in hope.

          So, as far as you are aware, the Ellmar Class 87 electric loco and HST
          Power Car never appeared? My tool maker contact says he made the
          injection mould tools for these...

          Phil Copleston