Tell me about DC./DCC

  • Scott Laughlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm new to railroad modeling, and even newer to this group. It is my
      aim to fabricate, in time, a Z scale display echoing the open-pit coal
      mining that occured near Rucker Siding, a place where I grew along the
      Missouri/Kansas (USA) border during the first half of the 20th
      Century. I can recall the huffing sounds of the steam-powered shovels
      that worked 24/7. Sometimes it was hard for me to tell which was a
      locomotive and which were the shovels. I'm rambling....

      Please allow me to announce my ignorance by asking someone to define
      the difference between DC and DCC.

      Thanks for allowing me to join your group,

      Scott
      Near Dallas, Texas USA