Re: Marklin manual points

  • Neal
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
      Peter
      I have a large number of points on my layout and 50% are operated by
      peco style motors, as I need auxilliary contacts for my Roadmaster
      control system. All I do is mount the peco type motor under the board
      somewhere closish to the point,(although it is not critical) then I
      use a very fine piano wire link running in an equally fine small
      length of aluminium tube. The tube is glued to the point cover and
      the piano wire just has a small loop on each end to fit the button on
      the point and the point motor pin above the board. (tiny round nosed
      pliers do this fine) A little tweak on the piano wire downwards and
      it stays on the point pin no trouble. These motors are so powerful
      that if you want you can operate several points simultaneously if you
      have double track switch routes. The tiny wire and tube (only half a
      millimetre in diameter) can easily be hidden under ballast or
      foliage. This system has worked for me for some years and is very
      reliable. Manual operation is still achieved if desired by operating
      the peco pin with the finger.
      Neal--- In
      zgaugebritishandeuropean@yahoogroups.com, "petergordonbrown"
      <petergordonbrown@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to remotely operate manual points? The control of
      these points has a small
      > plastic stub; can this accomodate a connection to a rod or wire?
      Any views gratefully
      > received?
      >
      > peter brown

    • petergordonbrown
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        Many thanks Neal. This sounds like a brilliant idea. Just one thing and that is where does
        one buy the fine wire and tubes please?

        peter

        , "Neal" <neald@...> wrote:

        > Peter
        > I have a large number of points on my layout and 50% are operated by
        > peco style motors, as I need auxilliary contacts for my Roadmaster
        > control system. All I do is mount the peco type motor under the board
        > somewhere closish to the point,(although it is not critical) then I
        > use a very fine piano wire link running in an equally fine small
        > length of aluminium tube.
      • gwhackman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2007
          Neal, I am new to the group. Thank you for the Peco information. It
          was what I was looking for since I just came into a bunch of manual
          turnouts [points]. Any chance some jpegs are available? Thanks.
          Terry in snowy New Hampshire USA.

          --- In zgaugebritishandeuropean@yahoogroups.com, "Neal" <neald@...>