RE: [Z Gauge British and European] Re: Dutch/British shunter in Z-Scale

  • Melissa Cull
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hello Ysbrand,

      Your locomotive sounds just like the sort of kit I like to build if it is
      ever released as a kit. Tiny, extra fiddly and complex makes it all the
      more enjoyable.

      In the UK all the liveries you mention would be welcomed. Most were made in
      BR blue but I like them in the green livery.

      Any ideas on cost yet if released in the UK?

      Kind regardZ

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2005
        Hello Melissa,

        I will have to ask the designer. Offering the locomotive as a kit
        would mean, i think, that we will have to offer a construction manual
        and support. Writing such a manual is not trivial. But especially the
        issue last mentioned could cause difficulties - apart from the
        complexity of building the locomotive - because the designer is
        German and I'm Dutch and although we understand English pretty well,
        questions in English could easily pop that exceed our knowledge of
        your language.
        Another thing is that there's a chance that people no matter how
        strongly we warn for the very high demands the shunter puts on
        builders' skills, craftmanship and tooling, people would still order
        a kit just to save some money. And although we can't take
        responsability for peoples own decisions, we rather would avoid these
        kind of issues.

        Please give us your ideas on this.

        Best,
        Ysbrand