How Do You Know?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2006

      How Do You Know?

      Man A: The fishes are enjoying themselves in the water!
      Man B: Since you are not a fish, how do you know if they are enjoying?
      Man A: Since you are not me, how do you know if I know the fishes are enjoying?

      Comments: Does the first man truly know? Or does he only thinks he know? The focus is not on whether the man knows, since we have no way of knowing, since we are not him. The focus is the question of how do we know any thing at all for sure. Are we objective enough? If not, are we becoming more objective? Being objective enough, we will know enough. Being totally objective, we will know the total truth. How do we be objective? By letting go of all traces of subjectivity we are mindful of, and to be increasingly mindful of our remaining hidden subjectivity. - Shen Shi'an