Response to "The Quest for a Perfect Teacher"

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2006

      Response to "The Quest for a Perfect Teacher"

      Hello, good day.

      My masters. My gurus?
      WHO are they?
      They are everywhere... anybody can teach me a lesson or two.

      If we were to be specific on Buddhist-related masters, there were great venerables like Master Yin Guang, Master Hung Yi, Master Kuang Qin, etc, and not to mention their many lay disciples students. Although these gurus are not longer here with us, their teachings remain in circulation. As such, they are our teachers...

      Who says a teacher will not become the learner? In Star Wars, Part IV (A New Hope), Darth Vadar said to Obi-Wan Kenobi, "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!" Of course, he was but the Dark Master; nothing to be proud of. And he had serious lessons to learn as a "master".

      One day, I attended a "fun with balloons" course. Guess what? One of the facilitators was an ex-student.

      Have a nice day...Amitabha...
      Regards... JMeng