[zeph] What to Do with a Silent Ghost?

  • !Namo@mituofO!
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 9:24 PM
      Hi Grace,

      First things first- be sure there's a ghost.
      If yes, if you can, y not communicate with him?
      Ask him what he wants and tell him u will try to fulfill it- if you can.
      Make no empty promises.

      In any case, tell your fren to chant the Buddha's name,
      eg. NamoAmituofo for the ghost when he or she sees him,
      not out of fear but compassion, and dedicate merits to him,
      mentally (or even verbally) encouraging the ghost to chant the Buddha's name and aspire birth in Pureland.

      You can also ask a Venerable for advice.

      Amituofo
      shian
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 10:18 AM
        >The tricky part in communicating is that it is more scary than said.
          It might also be a malevolent ghost.
          If unsure, please consult the advice of a Venerable. :-]

        Amituofo
        shian

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 7:13 PM
          Didn't the Buddha say something about ghosts being a
          "mind construct"?

          --- "!Namo@mituofO!" <amituofo@...>
          wrote:
          > >The tricky part in communicating is that it is
          > more scary than said.
          > It might also be a malevolent ghost.
          > If unsure, please consult the advice of a
          > Venerable. :-]
          >
          > Amituofo
          > shian
          >
          > Hi Grace,
          >
          > First things first- be sure there's a ghost.
          > If yes, if you can, y not communicate with him?
          > Ask him what he wants and tell him u will try to
          > fulfill it- if you can.
          > Make no empty promises.
          >
          > In any case, tell your fren to chant the
          > Buddha's name,
          > eg. NamoAmituofo for the ghost when he or she
          > sees him,
          > not out of fear but compassion, and dedicate
          > merits to him,
          > mentally (or even verbally) encouraging the
          > ghost to chant the Buddha's name and aspire birth in
          > Pureland.
          >
          > You can also ask a Venerable for advice.
          >
          > Amituofo
          > shian

          =====
          Metta john