Response to "Are We Caught in the 'Matrix' of Dreams?"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 3:56 AM

      Response to "Are We Caught in the 'Matrix' of Dreams?"

      Hello, good day.

      If I were to tell you that, everyone of us are living in a dreamland, I guess, a lot of people wouldn't agree. Our sensory organs seem to be telling us that everything is so real. Our senses could be lying, could they?

      But think about this - Do our senses make "sense" all the time? Maybe, not. Sometimes (or most of the time?), we are deluded... Sometimes, what we think is objective, is actually nothing more than subjective perceptions and differentiation.

      In our dreams, we feel so helpless; unable to determine what exactly is happening. It feels the same at times when we are not dreaming. Indeed, are we able to "control", say, our thinking and behaviour? Are we a victim of our habits we do not work hard enough to change? Do we keep our minds claer enough? Or is our thinking and behaviour puppeted and shaped by external events? Which is which? Dreaming or Awake?

      Worst still, thinking that one is awake when it is the contrary.

      Have a nice day ahead... Amitabha...
      Regards... JMeng

      (Edited by Shen Shi'an)