Response to "Been There, Done That - Many Times Over!"

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005

      Response to "Been There, Done That - Many Times Over!"

      Hello, good day.

      We often say, "let's be mindful when we... ...". This is a way to caution ourselves and/or others that deliberate thoughtfulness is necessary before doing or saying something. However, the accumulated eons of karmic influence and behaviourial traits tend to disrupt our intended mindfulness.

      Yes, I know, I need to control my anger and temper. [Reminds me of the Star Wars saga; how anger when unleashed can become a deadly foe against oneself.] I know I may hurt another person "unintentionally". But I just can't control myself at the very moment. Oh no you don't! Let's not find another excuse this "mis-behaviour".

      Mindfulness requires constant "monitoring" and "reflectio"'. Ideally, this mechanism should work non-stop. But in reality, that's always not the case - but it can be trained. An Exercise: -

      Think about ALL the potential good things you want to achieve or do within a day. Before the day comes to an end, reflect upon the events of the day. How many times were we able to achieve mindfulness to accomplish the above goodness? How long will we need to train to be able to do it all? Maybe, 10 years, 20 years? Who knows? But one thing for sure... "sainthood" (Chinese terminology for 'sheng ren') is on the way if we are diligent.

      Have a nice day ahead.

      Have a nice day... Amitabha...
      Regards... JeeMeng