Pledge for the Singapore Meatout Week

  • [PKS Web] shian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2005

      VSS eNewsletter 20 May 2005

      www.vegetarian-society.org

      Sign the Online Meatout Pledge

      Hundreds of people have already signed the Singapore Meatout Week pledge, either online or in hard copy form. They pledge to go meatless for a day or a week during the period 23-31 July 2005. Vegetarians pledge to tell others about the Week.

      To sign the pledge online, go to www.singaporemeatout.org and then click on the pledge icon.

      Eating for Peace

      Most people we know are vegetarian to protect the environment, to safeguard their health, to show compassion for our fellow animals, and/or to adhere to religious principles. A new organisation, Eating for Peace, emphasises yet another reason, compassion for our fellow humans: http://www.eatingforpeace.org. The wastefulness of meat production means less food to share with other humans.

      Read back issues at: http://www.vegetarian-society.org/newsletter.htm