Response to "What is the Meaning of Life?"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2005

      Response to "What is the Meaning of Life?"

      Hello. Good day.

      The meaning of LIFE differs from people to people. It could be even more pronounced when one compares a person with religious beliefs versus one who is a "free thinker", so say.

      If I were to tell people that my ultimate aim is to "escape the wheel of birth and death", oh boy, I am sure to get an astonished look.

      What exactly is LIFE?

      I don't have a "standard" or "quick-and-dirty" answer for this. I guess, it really differs from one to another. At the end of the day (I mean, "death bed"), all material successes that we once had, will be buried in due course. How recall you as being the Chairman? So what if you were previously. The world moves fast. You were a "had-been". Conversely, if you had managed to touch the lives of others... that very precious gift would remain... the act of kindness and thought of benefitting people stays on forever. Didn't we have Mother Theresa? Her "spirit" lives on...

      So, have you decided to be Gone With The Wind (when you are dead) or to remain as a hardened sculpture of kindness and benevolence...? As they say, "The Choice is All Yours".

      Have a nice day... Amitabha...
      Regards,JMeng