Response to "Are You Afraid to Be Enlightened"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005

      Response to "Are You Afraid to Be Enlightened?"

      Hello. Good day.

      Cultivation does not necessarily mean that one has to severe all ties and relationships. Don't forget - we need the world at large to help us fulfil our Bodhi path. Cultivation, however, does mean that the one is able to "let go" when it is time to do so. Yes, sad, one would feel. But one would not be adversely affected by external events. This should not be construed as impersonal or a lack of personal relationship. After all, would clinging to the past ever help us to progress forward. Most likely not... right?

      Treasure what we have right now... because Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. The world moves constantly, so don't leave behind...

      Attachment, unfortunately, is the very root of our Samsara...

      Have a nice day ahead... Amitabha...

      Have a nice day.
      Regards, JMeng