10 Perfections to Buddhahood

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005

      10 Perfections to Buddhahood
       (Dasa Parami)

      1st
      Perfection of Generosity : Dana
             May I be generous and helpful!

      2nd Perfection of Morality : Sila
              May I be well-disciplined and refined in manners!
              May I be pure and clean in all my dealings!
              May my thoughts, words and deeds be pure!

      3rd Perfection of Renunciation : Nekkhamma
             May I not be selfish and self-possessive but selfless and disinterested!
             May I be able to sacrifice my pleasure for the sake of others!

      4th Perfection of Wisdom : Panna
             May I be wise and be able to see things as they truly are!
             May I see the light of Truth and lead others from darkness to light!
             May I be enlightened and be able to enlighten others!
             May I be able to give the benefit of my knowledge to others!

      5th Perfection of Energy : Viriya
             May I be energetic, vigorous and persevering!
             May I strive diligently until I achieve my goal!
             May I be fearless in facing dangers and courageously surmount all obstacles!
             May I be able to serve others to the best of my ability!

      6th Perfection of Patience : Khanti
             May I be ever patient!
             May I be able to bear and forbear the wrongs of others!
             May I ever be tolerant and see the good and beautiful in all!

      7th Perfection of Truthfulness : Sacca
             May I ever be truthful and honest!
             May I not hide the truth to be polite!
             May I never swerve from the path of Truth!

      8th Perfection of Determination : Aditthana
             May I be firm and resolute and have an iron will!
             May I be soft as a flower and firm as a rock!
             May I ever be high-principled!

      9th Perfection of Loving-Kindness : Metta
             May I ever be kind, friendly and compassionate!
             May I be able to regard all as my brothers and sisters and be one with all!

      10th Perfection of Equanimity : Upekkha
               May I ever be calm, serene, unruffled and peaceful!
               May I gain a balanced mind!
               May I have perfect equanimity!

      May I serve to be perfect!
      May I be perfect to serve!

      -Venerable Narada (Buddhism in a Nutshell) pic:hubertfamily.com