Response to "The Parrot's Great Heart"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005

      Response to "The Parrot's Great Heart"

      Hello. Good day.

      I guess, the compassionate lay-person (excluding the rich and very compassionte, as these groups of people are exceptions) on the street, are "small parrots", in one one way or another. The desire to do good, to make a difference in the lives of the less-fortunate and to bring happiness to others exist. We see these as compassionate acts, don't we?

      Unfortunately, "small parrots", lacking in resources, 'frightened' by external forces (eg. criticism, alienation, etc), and often lacking in perseverance, turning away in no time.

      So, "small parrots", what do you think? What does it take to go on-and-on? One's mindset is very important. If the foundation is strong, nothing will have it uprooted. So, is your Bodhi seed a "strong" one?

      Have a nice day. Amitabha... Regards, JMeng