Response to "A Deal with the Devil"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2005

      Response to "A Deal with the Devil"

      Hello. Good day.

      Contentment? How I wish I could have donated another hundred dollars... If only I have a car, I would have volunteered to deliver the bread to the old folks home... If it wasn't for my hectic work schedule, I would have participated in the fund raising activity...

      On the path of self-cultivation, whilst we have to guard against excessive materialism and desire for enjoyment, may we NOT forget that the desire to doing good can be excessive as well. We may lament on the lack of resources to helping the society-at-large (i.e. Only if I have this, have that...). But at least, we have the expanding "heart" of wanting to help more.

      So, are you a contented Bodhisattva? Be content with now, even as you work to be better.

      Regards, JMeng