The Five Wonderful Precepts ~ Key to Moral Happiness

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005

      The Five Wonderful Precepts ~ Key to Moral Happiness

      The First Precept

      Respect for Life
      Not to Kill ~ To Protect

      I abstain from taking life.
      I shall practise compassion to protect and benefit.

      The Second Precept
      Respect for Personal Property
      Not to Steal ~ To be Generous

      I abstain from taking the not given.
      I shall practise generosity to share my material and spiritual wealth.

      The Third Precept
      Respect for Personal Relationships
      Not to Indulge ~ To be Content

      I abstain from misconduct of sexual and sensual nature.
      I shall practise contentment to channel my energy for spiritual development.

      The Fourth Precept
      Respect for Truth
      Not to Lie ~ To be Truthful
      I abstain from false, divisive, harsh, and useless speech.
      I shall practise positive communication to bring harmony.

      The Fifth Precept
      Respect for Mental and Physical Well-being
      Not to Take Intoxicants ~ To be Mindful
      I abstain from taking intoxicants.
      I shall practise mindfulness to safeguard these precepts.