[zeph] #9 : Appearances

  • !Namo@mituofO!
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2000
      ZEPH & FRENS #9
      _________________________
      Appearances

      Zeph realises how trapped by form he was. How is it that this girl who
      looked so beautiful from behind, whose silky thick long mane sashayed
      gracefully as she walked by disappoint him when he saw that she didn't have
      the face of his dream lover? What am I attracted to, is it the way she
      walked? Her hair?

      Her face? How unreal all these is! How can I be so superficial? Would I have
      the confidence to walk to her front to steal a glance at her face in the
      first place if I didn't felt I myself was good-looking enough to match this
      illusionary girl of my dreams? What was it I had confidence in? Was it my
      character? Is my character shaped by my percieving of my form? Does my
      confidence come from knowing I look good enough? Am I this superficial? Am I
      so trapped by form? Zeph felt a little mentally nauseous.

      What is the essence of my worth?... It is something totally unsuperficial,
      something beyond form... it is my hidden ability to be a perfect Buddha. It
      is this inner Buddha that tells me right now that I'm judging this world by
      forms, trapped by forms, fooled by forms. And it tells me too, that this
      world thrives on appearances, is fooled by impressions... the true nature of
      anything is almost never what we feel it is at first sight. It was a wake up
      call- how can there be love at first sight? There is only infatuation at
      first sight... what you don't know, you can't really be in love with. As for
      all girls with a beautiful long hair, I will see the hair, from now onwards,
      as a mask, a shroud, worn from behind. Zeph shrugged, grinning to himself,
      as he discovered this, realising he had short hair. Don't wear masks, Zeph!
      Be true! Be true to yourself and the world always.
      Please feel free to share with us your thoughts on the above
      Missed Previous Zeph&Frens Mails? Go: http://www.egroups.com/group/zeph/