Reflections on "2046" Web's Title Cards

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004

      Reflections on "2046" Web's Title Cards

       www.wkw2046.com

      Memories (Memories of my gone days filled my heart with joy)

      They are merely part of a movie that play continously in our attached minds, never quite have an ending. Perhaps we refuse the ending. Clinging of the happy or sad past we experienced, wanting more out of the ungraspable... An infinite loop of wasting away in an impermanent world of irony.

      Love (Who's love believe the impossible)
      A bottomless pit that we fall hard into, always thinking there must be a light at the end of the tunnel. Time changes every moment, how could you even able to say you love him the same like a second ago? An answer not possible to give, probably why she was delaying it, just to catch the right moment to confess the true love. But when is the right moment?

      Joy (The secret of joy in work is contained in one word - excellence)
      The laughter that once filled the room echo a sad puzzle. How short is joy as compared to the sadness... Is it true joy? If so, why do the tears come so quickly when we're only beginning to crave for it? The moment of joy is lost forever when we take for granted that there is more to come in the next moment, instead of enjoying this very moment with no regrets. We look too far, think too far and ask for too much.

      Thoughts (Our life is what our thoughts make it)
      Are we thinking too much? Too many "what if's" jamming the mind with stories of possibilities. We unmindfully walk with a huge iron ball chained to our small heads, not knowing that it might snap our necks in the next step.

      Imagination (The world is a canvas to imagination)
      It seems more comfortable to live in imagination, a realm we fill with only what we want. But just how long can we bury myself in it? Cheating ourselves with the time bought from pain, 1 hour, 10 hours, 100 hours or 1000 hours?

      Dreams (Dreams pass into reality of action)
      We all have dreams to fulfill and it's always about happiness in one way or another. Or at least we thought so. At the end of the day, we are exhausted with desires and burdens of unsubstantial promises, yet we dream on.

      Hope (Hope still lives and dreams never die)
      Some say we can only hope for the better. A gamble we are so unready to lose yet we gamble on, unready to accept changes. But if we are able to flow gracefully with the changes in life, hope will never fade away.

      Wisdom (Anticipation of consequences)
      All we need is mindfulness of the moment. Craving does not bring you more. Clinging does not bring you forever. Mindfulness is what you need, enjoy, love and rejoice at that very moment.

      - zlyrica @ moonpointer.com