Response to "The Butterfly's Dream"

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004

      Response to "The Butterfly's Dream"

      Hello. Good day.

      Oneness.  What does it really mean?  And what does it really entail.

      Recently, a group of us was engaged in the discussion of Dharma-related topics when the theme skewed towards Oneness versus Self.  We have several rounds of near-heated but constructive discussions. At the end of the day, each of us trying to show our understanding of "oneness".  The discussion gets increasingly heavy.  On hindsight, I think,  none of us understood "oneness".  Why?  For each of us was trying to demonstrate "what I understand and this is what I think."  Sure, there were simply too many "I's" involved.  I versus You, and You versus I.  In that case, wherein lies "oneness"?  And indeed, some researchers love to discuss extensively on "self", "oneness", "duality", etc.  But the realm of "oneness" cannot be described.  It has to be experienced, simply put.

      Regards,
      JMeng