    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2004

      1) Personal Opinion... Sometimes, I find it easy to let go of our cows, but we become bored when there are no cows. I guess cows are sometimes around to amuse us and enliven
      our lives...haha. 8) (That suggests we should not take them too seriously?)

      Regards, Wend

      2) Hello.Good day.

      How to keep cows and yet not be attached to the notion of possession?

      The notion, "possession", is related to the "I" or "me" concept.  Not surprisingly, the "I" concept keeps appearing even in our daily lives, for instance, this is my car, I want a good career, I want to amass lots of  monies, etc.  There is nothing wrong with having "wants" in our lives. However, the question is, can we give up our possessions readily without being emotionally disturbed.  I guess, most of us (referring to laymen) find it hard achieve. So, the more we amass, the more we suffer. But it is exactly because it is hard that we need to train to be able to let go.

      In life, it is indeed happiness to "own" as little as possible.  Put it this way, the lesser tangibles you own, the more space you allow for happiness - as there will be lesser things to bother you.

      All things are impermanent.  Nothing belongs to anyone.

      Have a nice day ahead.  Amitabha.
      Regards,JMeng