Response to "Lost in Space & Time"

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2004

      Response to "Lost in Space & Time"

      Alternatively, each of us should see ourselves as astronauts. At some point in time, our lifelines would be disconnected (that is, our lives coming to an end in this realm) whether we want it or like it. It is inevitable.  Impermanence. Indeed, all things being not permanent.

      Now, let us ask ourselves, "Do we want to set our goals, right now?  Or do we prefer to set them after our lifelines are cut (wouldn't it be too late?)?  Or are we comfortable with not setting any goals at all?"  Take note, the term, "goals", which is being used here, extends beyond earthly desires and wishes.  It is something much greater than that.

      Well, if you still insist on harnessing earthly desires, consider this: What happens when one's lifeline is terminated?  Do we still get to enjoy them?

      Have a nice day ahead. Amitabha.
      Regards, JMeng