Response to "The Dream of Endless Envy"

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004

      Response to "The Dream of Endless Envy"

      In short, thoughts, often uncontrolled and tightly clinged upon, are like roses with thorns. It is the very "beauty" (though superficial) e.g. thoughts of fame, wealth, etc, and the perceived benefits that lure us. In the process we forget that wordly desires are nothing more than deadly serpents when we fail to manage our thoughts properly. How many times have we not lamented on being more wealthy, more handsome/beautiful, more powerful etc? In the end, all we get is nothing but disappointment - for worldy conditions will always change, and death will do you apart from even the best of them. Thus is spiritual cultivation to rise above worldly gains important.

      Thoughts are utmost powerful.
      In the end, you are what you think.

      Have a nice day.  Amitabha.
      Regards,JMeng