Which Wolf Do You Feed?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2004

      Which Wolf Do You Feed?

      An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life.

      "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
      "It is a terrible fight between two wolves.

      "One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, greed, regret, lies,
      self-pity, arrogance, guilt, resentment, inferiority, false pride,
      superiority and ego.

      "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,
      humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity,
      truth, compassion and faith.

      "This same fight is going on inside you -
      and inside every other person, too."

      The grandson thought for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
      "Which wolf will win?"

      The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

      Zeph's Remark:
      One wolf is your inner Mara-nature and the other your Buddha-nature.
      Which nature will your nurture?

      Story contributed by B.Kwang