Impermanence

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2004
      No coming can last together.
      It will always end in separation.
      "Whatever affectionate relationships we now enjoy,
      Teachers and disciples, masters and servants, brothers and sisters, husbands
      and wives, father and son, mother and daughter.
      There is no way we can avoid being separated in the end.
      We cannot even be sure that death or some terrible event might not suddenly
      part us right now.
      We had better avoid anger and quarrels, harsh words and fighting.
      We never know how long we might be together, so we should develope our minds
      to be caring and affectionate for the short while that we have left."

      From my own experience,while I am developing my mind towards the 4 boundless
      qualities-love,compassion,sympathetic joy,equanimity. I find myself to have
      this common mistake of developing loving kindness for " all beings " but
      sometimes act impatiently and unkindly to my own family members. I hope this
      contribution will be approve and helpful to people.Thank you and have a nice
      day!

      -Chevy