Re: 1 More Response to "A Matter of Life & Death : Comtemplating Suicide"

  • kok_tong76
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9 4:44 PM
      Hi, what I wrote "There's no one to help you. One is really totally
      left alone. Even your loved ones can't help you. In the end, you are
      left with yourself, to face death " was just my own experience with
      facing death. At that time, I did not have the conditions of having
      my loved ones, or any compassionate beings with me (which is good in
      a way). So this is my own reflection on it. I apologise if it has
      caused any discomfort. But I do agree with the statement "to help a
      dying person is like holding out a hand to someone who is on the
      point of falling over, to lift them up. Through the strength and
      peace and deep compassionate attention of your presence, you will
      help then awaken to their own strength. The quality of your presence
      at this most vulnerable and extreme moment is all-important." May
      all beings have the good karma of having somebody like that during
      this passing stage, and may all beings pass through this stage
      gracefully.

      --- In zeph@yahoogroups.com, "NamoAmituofo" <shian@k...> wrote:
      > Hi, with reference to the 9 responses, I like to comment on the
      issue of "A Matter of Life & Death: Contemplating Suicide".

      > First, instead of thinking & hoping that "Sunshine comes after the
      rain. Everything will be fine", the Dharma teaches us the
      impermanence of life (good things will end, likewise for bad things
      which happened to us). The former may end up deluding oneself, if
      thing(s) do not turn out 'fine' as one has expected, since afterall,
      one cannot tell the future.

      > Second, I beg to differ that "There's no one to help you. One is
      really totally left alone. Even your loved ones can't help you. In
      the end, you are left with yourself, to face death."

      > In the chapter "Spiritual Help for the Dying" of "The Tibetan Book
      of Living and Dying"(10th Anniversary Edition Revised and Updated)
      by Sogyal Rinpoche, he wrote that "My master Dudjom Rinpoche used to
      say that to help a dying person is like holding out a hand to