How to Bless Yourself

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2004
      How to Bless Yourself

      Question:

      I was given a pendant of a Bodhisattva. Can I wear it for protection?

      Answer:

      Why not? As long as you are comfortable with it.

      A note though... the best blessings come from ourselves through our virtues.
      Blessed objects (usually blessed by the power of truth by chanting the Dharma) given by others,
      such as pendants and amulets serve as "bonus" blessing instruments,
      especially in reminding us to be virtuous.
      You can bless the pendant yourself by chanting too.
      The same principle works for prayer beads and blessed water.

      Please see the Mangala Sutta (Discourse on Blessings) @
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/canon/sutta/khuddaka/suttanipata/snp2-04.html
      on how to Do-It-Yourself protect and bless yourself,
      as advised by the Buddha.

      Amituofo, shian