Dharma Movie Review: Irreversible

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2004

      Dharma Movie Review: Irreversible

      Preventing & Healing the Irreversible
      ~Multiple-awarding winning movie~

      www.irreversiblethemovie.com

      Sypnosis @ Official Web:

      IRREVERSIBLE -> Because time destroys everything -> Because some acts are irreparable -> Because man is an animal -> Because the desire for vengeance is a natural impulse -> Because most crimes remain unpunished -> Because the loss of a loved one destroys like lightning -> Because love is the source of life -> Because all history is written in sperm and blood ->... Because time reveals everything -> The best and the worst.

      Albert Dupontel as Pierre, Monica Bellucci as Alex, and Vincent Cassel as Marcus in the Gaspar Noé film IRREVERSIBLE.Vincent Cassel as Marcus in the Gaspar Noé film IRREVERSIBLE.Albert Dupontel as Pierre, and Monica Bellucci as Alex in the Gaspar Noé film IRREVERSIBLE.

      This is a brilliantly unconventional but realistic film - a tragedy on the temptation and danger of drugs, sex and violence in today's world. Like any good movies, it cannot be aptly described for its worth - the only way to know it is to experience it, and to reflect on its message. This review does the film absolutely no justice at all! In fact, I shall attempt only to comment on the title and sypnosis above, which does seem to reflect the filmmaker's intended message for the audience:
      _______________________________

      Irreversible ->
      Time cannot be reversed, but our intepretation on the meaning and lessons
      of our past experiences can be changed. In this way, we can change our past.

      Because time destroys everything ->
      But time heals everything too - including the greatest pains that we could hardly forgive in the first place.

      Because some acts are irreparable ->
      But all acts can be sincerely repented, and much good can be done to make up for our mistakes.

      Because man is an animal ->
      Because the desire for vengeance is a natural impulse ->
      But man is more than animal - we can have the wisdom to choose the kinder choice.

      Because most crimes remain unpunished ->
      But the long arm of the law of karma will reach all the guilty in good time.
      We can help the man's law quicken the process - but should we break the law too?

      Because the loss of a loved one destroys like lightning ->
      Because life is transient, treasure all without attachment.

      Because love is the source of life ->
      But lust (for life and sex) is the source of life and death too.

      Because all history is written in sperm and blood ->
      The world is of sex and violence, just other names for greed and hatred,
      or attachment and aversion, which arise from our delusions.

      Because time reveals everything -> The best and the worst.
      Revealing the worst, we can become demons of our greed, hatred and ignorance.
      Revealing the best, we can all in time become Buddhas with Compassion and Wisdom.

      shian@... | More Movies : www.moonpointer.com