Two Odes to Time

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004

      Time

      If time, as taught by the Buddha, is the measurement of change,
      then the timeless is that beyond change - Enlightenment!

      zeph@... | www.moonpointer.com/zeph

      Ode to Time

      You can only think of the past when you are "experiencing" the "Now".
      You can only dream of the future when you are "experiencing" the "Now".
      You are in the condition of your "Now" because of all your past events.
      What you do next in "Now" determines all your future events.

      But to me these events can sometimes seem to be happening all at once,
      as if my vision expands out something like "cinemascope".
      Then I walk in the "Now" on an invisible tight rope watching carefully the past present and future,
      knowing how I step is very important.
      As if you carry two buckets of water on a yoke.
      One is he filled with the past the other is filled with the future.
      And you keep them in balance.

      Some say to me "How different they are now from when they were as a child?"
      I think to myself and say "Am I not still me behind these eyes I wear?"
      A seed is planted and grows and changes into what it will become,
      a rose, a tree.. a man.

      You will become like it or not "YOURSELF".

      SusanGallardo@...

      More Ode to Time

      Just what is Time?

      We spend it
      We waste it
      we calculate it
      we measure it
      we watch it
      We try to save it
      We try to buy it.

      How does it really exist?
      Just where is it?

      Universal physics, Celestial mechanics
      seem to operate in a precise way
      Is that proof of Time existing?

      We say it takes Time
      We need Time
      What Time is it?
      What Time will "that" happen?
      In Time "that" will occur
      How much Time will "that" take?
      I don't have Time
      We have lost Time

      Is time really necessary?
      Is life really based on "clocked" events.
      We can't stop Time passing.
      We can't speed Time up

      (if indeed it exists)

      Some think we can bend or suspend time
      Some think we can go to events occuring
      long ago if we find the right viewing
      "ground"- travel to great distances at great speeds
      to "take a look" at the past.

      Well........ to me that just says all is Now.

      SusanGallardo@...