office politics

  • D. P.
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2003
      Hello all:

      Don't worry about office politics. Don't worry about anything. Do
      your best. Tell the truth. Why worry about who gets what and when
      they get it? Eat lunch and go home. If you still find the need to
      worry so much, then perhaps you should take a personal day and spend
      it re-working and updating your resume, and reading the want ads.
      And delivering your resume to new places where you don't have to
      worry so much about office politics.

      good luck,
      dp
    • James Ong
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
        Ya, tks a lot! I guess i'm juz lucky not to be involved
        but it does not mean 4ever.
        So enjoy it while it lasts.
        Ha ha ha..................

        > Don't worry about office politics. Don't worry about anything. Do
        > your best. Tell the truth. Why worry about who gets what and when
        > they get it? Eat lunch and go home. If you still find the need to
        > worry so much, then perhaps you should take a personal day and spend
        > it re-working and updating your resume, and reading the want ads.
        > And delivering your resume to new places where you don't have to
        > worry so much about office politics.
        >
        > good luck,
        > dp

      • Loh Yoke Hwee
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
          Hi DP,

          I think the way you have concluded on office politics is fairly simplistic.
          Office politics do exist and it usually stems from a sense of insecurity.
          It is not just about telling the truth, its not just about not worrying.
          When people are out to get you, they go all out. Sometimes insecurities in
          people can make one behave like a monster, the bitterness, the viciousness
          nature in certain people....these people are usually suffering from a sense
          of poor self-esteem and they believe in terrorising people, resulting in a
          hellish life for all.....

          wat can one do? do we get back at them and get entangled in an even deeper
          feud? This will meant the accomulation of more bad karma......well do we try
          to escape to a newer environment and to keep our fingers crossed that such
          politics do not exist? Politics exist everywhere. Instead of running away
          from it and praying hard that bad politics do not exist, we should stay and
          bravely face the music. We fight the battle, not through violence but by
          wishing on loving kindness on the recipients. We help these people see us,
          not as threat but as valuable being that can be depended on to assist when
          necessary. We get them to see us as friends and not foe. It is easy to
          make a friend, but to convert an enemy to become one's friend, is a daunting
          but not impossible task. Stand up tall, stand up high. if one's
          conscience is free, one would always triumphant in one's battle.

          Cheerss

          >From: "D. P." <noetical1@...>
          >To: zeph@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [zeph] office politics
          >Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:53:28 -0000
          >
          >Hello all:
          >
          >Don't worry about office politics. Don't worry about anything. Do
          >your best. Tell the truth. Why worry about who gets what and when
          >they get it? Eat lunch and go home. If you still find the need to
          >worry so much, then perhaps you should take a personal day and spend
          >it re-working and updating your resume, and reading the want ads.
          >And delivering your resume to new places where you don't have to
          >worry so much about office politics.
          >
          >good luck,
          >dp

          Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel. http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/
        • Jean
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
            Yes. i agree. i remember an incident that happened to me just a few weeks
            ago. A manager from another department who likes going around making enemy
            came confronting me regarding certain issues, speaking in a very much raised
            tone, and worst, in a tone of much frustration, amazement and disbelief as
            to why i would not have known because this would be common sense. i did not
            have all the facts at hand because he just came storming to me and so i just
            let him finish his piece. After that, i went verifying what is facts from
            the seniors in the relevant departments and it was clear that his "facts and
            common sense" were all wrong. I was fuming because he made me loss face in
            front of my colleagues over nothing. My first impulse was to approach him
            while everyone else was around to correct him of his mistake. But in the
            end, i took a step backward and just drop him an email informing him of his
            mis-information and a gentle reminder to verify his facts the next time. The
            next time he spoke to me, i can feel the improvement in his attitude. I was
            glad i had not fall into his trap to behave at the same level as him.

            JT

            > I think the way you have concluded on office politics is fairly
            simplistic.
            > Office politics do exist and it usually stems from a sense of insecurity.
            > It is not just about telling the truth, its not just about not worrying.
            > When people are out to get you, they go all out. Sometimes insecurities
            in
            > people can make one behave like a monster, the bitterness, the viciousness
            > nature in certain people....these people are usually suffering from a
            sense
            > of poor self-esteem and they believe in terrorising people, resulting in a
            > hellish life for all.....
            >
            > wat can one do? do we get back at them and get entangled in an even
            deeper
            > feud? This will meant the accomulation of more bad karma......well do we
            try
            > to escape to a newer environment and to keep our fingers crossed that such
            > politics do not exist? Politics exist everywhere. Instead of running away
            > from it and praying hard that bad politics do not exist, we should stay
            and
            > bravely face the music. We fight the battle, not through violence but by
            > wishing on loving kindness on the recipients. We help these people see
            us,
            > not as threat but as valuable being that can be depended on to assist when
            > necessary. We get them to see us as friends and not foe. It is easy to
            > make a friend, but to convert an enemy to become one's friend, is a
            daunting
            > but not impossible task. Stand up tall, stand up high. if one's
            > conscience is free, one would always triumphant in one's battle.
            >
            > Cheerss
            >

            > >From: "D. P." <noetical1@...>
            > >To: zeph@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [zeph] office politics
            > >Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:53:28 -0000
            > >
            > >Hello all:
            > >
            > >Don't worry about office politics. Don't worry about anything. Do
            > >your best. Tell the truth. Why worry about who gets what and when
            > >they get it? Eat lunch and go home. If you still find the need to
            > >worry so much, then perhaps you should take a personal day and spend
            > >it re-working and updating your resume, and reading the want ads.
            > >And delivering your resume to new places where you don't have to
            > >worry so much about office politics.
            > >
            > >good luck,
            > >dp

            > Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel.
            http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/

          • David Leong
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2003
              Cheers friends,

              To me, office politics is like all kinds of decorations of a birthday cake. A cake is afterall a cake with its substance taste, smell & nutrition intact. Your cool, calmness, patience & wise approach speak loud & clear here. It strengthen your confidence & determination with constant own reflective check. The silence with appropriate & radiating action always make the world wonderful & beautiful be it shines, rains or thunder-storm day-in & day-out. This is because the mind, speech & action are completely in phase.

              Taking part into any office politics, is like stones rubbing against stones. It is waste of time & effort too.

              Take care,
              david

              Visit www.moonpointer.com/zeph