[zeph] Elaboration on Loneliness

  • !Namo@mituofO!
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2000
      You wrote:

      I guess I have this sort of feeling before. I like to be alone sometime
      because of the freedom to do anything I want without trying to suit my
      friends. However, being all alone in the mid of Orchard road with so many
      groups of friends, couples, sometimes I would feel panic, lonely, aimless.
      I guess people are always afraid of being lonely. Even with a group of
      friends, there can be times of loneliness.

      Response as requested:
      I will give a short response with some elaboration.
      Sometime a person might want to be in a certain situation (craving in
      buddhist term) and when one got it, one discovered that it is not what one
      wanted (suffering or unsatisfactory nature of things, in buddhist term),
      therefore there was restlessness (buddhist term).

      A person wanted peace
      Peace found, loneliness appeared

      In mist of turbulent, there was peace
      But peace was mistaken as loneliness

      Because of the inner wanting to crave
      For excitement and lost of purpose of life

      For those who do not know or realise the Dhamma
      This is but one of the ups and downs in life

      For those who know and realise the Dhamma
      They see anicca, dukkha and annata
      (impermanence, unsatisfactory nature of things and non-self)

      With Metta
      Vajiro (Richard) Chia: vajiro@...