Checklist Dharma : Hopefully Not Just Another Dharma Article?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003

      Checklist Dharma
      (Hopefully Not Just Another Dharma Article?)

      When you read this,
      is this yet "another Dharma article"?
      Do you skim through impatiently, thinking,
      "Know this already, seen this before, aha ya, tell me what I don't know..."

      Or do you read with a beginner's mind,
      both to discover something new
      and to rediscover something that you have not practised adequately?

      "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few."
      -Shunryu Suzuki

      Don't have an expert's mind on the theoretical,
      if you are not a real expert on the practical.

      May you read Dharma
      with a spiritual checklist attitude,
      making mental checklists
      of Dharma not practised well enough,
      of Dharma not practised at all.
      This is part of the practice of Right Effort.

      Hope this was not just another Dharma article.

      shian@...