Why "The Poori Effect" ?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2003

      With reference to :

      The Poori Effect: How We Sometimes Fool Ourselves
      http://asp.thedailyenlightenment.com/47.htm#realization

      Why "The Poori Effect" ?

      Why is "The Poori Effect" called so?
      Because a poori is puffed up by air,
      giving the illusion of substantiality, solidness-
      especially to those who see it the first time.
      The truth is a poori does not have much "substance"-
      what seems like a very filling dish is just a side dish.

      Likewise, we suffer from the Poori Effect
      when we mistaken our unsubstantial perceptions to represent reality.

      "We do not run on reality,
      but on our perception of reality." -____

      What we perceive will always fall short of reality
      in ways gross and subtle
      until we attain full Enlightenment.

      shian@...