Should We Litter?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2003

      Should We Litter?
      A Response to "Of Litterbugs & Noisy Phones" @ http://asp.thedailyenlightenment.com/new#realization

      Q:
      If there are no litterbugs, then we do not need cleaners, what will happen to their livelihood?

      A: If there are no thieves, the policemen in the world will run out of jobs- so do we need to steal? Just an extreme example for you to think about. :-] If sweepers work to clean up after litterbugs and since the economy is bad, should we litter more to help create more jobs?

      There will be enough intentional and accidental litterbugs to sustain the livelihood of sweepers. Note that many sweepers are old and feeble... so we have to choose with our Compassion and Wisdom whether to litter or not... bearing in mind it is illegal in many countries too :-]

      Q: So what's right and what's wrong......... :<

      A: Indeed things can be grey. But if the grey has more white, do it instead of the grey with more black :-] Anything done out of Compassion and Wisdom is more white than anything done without.