Which Way I Ought To Go From Here?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003

      Which Way I Ought To Go From Here?
      Our Existential Freedom Being Our Primordial Burden

      A Conversation from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll)
      http://www.classic-novels.com/author/lewis_carroll/alice_in_wonderland/

      `Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
      `That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
      `I don't much care where--' said Alice.

      Actual Continuation to above brown text:

      `Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
      `--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.
      `Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'
      Alice felt that this could not be denied, so she tried another question...

      Alternative Continuation to above brown text:

      'Then you don't have to care which way you go,' said the Cat.
      Suddenly, Alice realised she could consider herself free, instead of lost-
      free to go wherever she wanted, do whatever she wants!
      Yet she couldn't exactly go exactly where she wanted,
      to do exactly what she wanted.
      She was free, but not totally free... yet.
      Thus, Alice decided to look for the Budddha to seek Enlightenment,
      which she figures is total freedom, the real thing worth going after.

      shian@...