Spiritual Life & Mundane Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2003
      From: Fenny

      Spiritual Life & Mundane Life

         What's the difference between spiritual life and mundane life? Spiritual life is lived mindfully, doing every single seemingly-mundane task with full awareness. Mundane life is lived the way we ordinary people do -- rushing here and there, being in one place while thinking of another, chanting and meditating but not mindful of what one is doing.

         So is one who sweeps the floor living a mundane life? Is one who prays and chants and meditates everyday living a spritual life? Not necessarily. When one lives a spiritual life, living every moment with constant awareness of one's thoughts, deeds and speech, one is sure to nourish himself with the best spiritual food. Our tools to practice and live a spiritual life are available right here with us. We can practice anytime, anywhere. If we turn all our waking moments into practice time, then our spiritual life will be abundant. So what are you waiting for? Let's do it! Now!

      Dhammafish