Are You A 'Sam & Sara' Early Bird Yet?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2012

      15% early bird discount ends this Wednesday

      More about book @ http://thedailyenlightenment.com/category/11/sam-sara
      Get the book @ http://thedailyenlightenment.com/2012/07/get-sam-sara-book-here
      Submit your review @ http://thedailyenlightenment.com/contact-us

      Sis Bita (Vice-President of Singapore’s Buddhist Fellowship on the ‘Sam & Sara’ book):

      ‘My (10-year-old) daughter (Tara) says it’s soooo funny! She’s laughing her socks off! Now she says, “I’m going to recommend all my friends to get this book”… She’s SMS-ing her friends now: “Eh tomorrow, I’m gonna bring a book to school. It’s really cute and makes me want to laugh. The author is my Mother’s friend so I’m gonna promote it. It’s new… so yay! My Mum is (among) the first to get it and she got 50 copies. So after reading mine, if you are interested, do consider buying it to share it with your friends!” (It’s) a great idea as a gift – friends and kids with birthdays around the corner… Watch out for Sam & Sara!”

      Another encouraging review. It’s surprisingly a hit with kids, though it was written for adults too! Yes! ‘Sam & Sara’ was mindfully written to be enjoyed by all of all ages! Depending on your perception, every experience of its wit and wisdom is different :-]

      Han Kok Kwang (Award-winning author of National #1 Bestsellers, “So What If You Don’t Have A Degree?” & “No Job? No Problem!”):

      ‘Had a quick scan of “Sam & Sara” and found it to be a rather multi-layered book. Looks deceptively simple with the cartoons but its wisdom is quite profound if you take the time to ponder. And the way you break “Samsara” into ‘Sam & Sara’ is genius. Not everyone would appreciate the layered wisdom in the book but when you can get past “duh?” after the first few chapters, you will find a treasure trove of “pause & reflect” triggers in today’s 24/7 world. A few of my favourite chapters are “Clinging to Suffering”, “Blindspots” and “Blockage.” Great job!’

      (Han was also winner of the ‘Inaugural National Lifelong Learner’ award & was the youngest winner of ‘National Human Resource Management Professional of the Year’ award.)

      Juliana (School Teacher):

      ‘This book gives a good glimpse of the Buddha’s teachings in comic format. Reader-friendly and with authentic examples, you will get the concepts clearly shown to you in a fun and relaxing way… In fact, I got a total of 8 books. I just received 2 today. Getting more as presents for my friends. _/|\_… It is great pleasure to support good books!’

      Cixin (Dharma worker):

      ‘Thank you very much for the book! It’s very cute! Makes me want to read further and further… Looks simple but not that simple [in meaning]… takes a while to digest [the full meaning]. Can see a lot of hard work involved. Hmm… Will read first and then donate to library to share with others :)’

      Yes, Sam & Sara is written in a deceptively (in a good way) simple manner, but with profound messages for bettering our perspectives on life! Do you have a review to share too? Message us!

      Karita Fischer:

      ‘What a great book! I’ll bring 2 of them to Cambodia. I am reading now first (because I love it), then my daughter.’

      Ivy Looi:

      ‘Thank you very much, Shi’an. I got your new book. It’s really wonderful. You did it again! l must read read it over and over again to catch the insights. Thank you.’

      Carol (Veganista!):

      ‘It’s an amazing book. Simple and easy to understand. Suitable for people of all ages… especially those who get giddy after looking at tons of words. Love this book. It’s a wonderful tool to introduce the Dharma to young kids.’ :)

      ‘The book is really super fantastic!!! Using the two simple characters of SAM and SARA, you have actually shed some light on how we can deal with daily problems we face!

      Especially Story #63 (out of 100), sometimes, for us, we tend to have a fixed view of someone because of what they did in the past, and we keep on assuming that they are “that” kind of person. And what is more worse, we might influence others into thinking likewise. This is extremely unfair and provides no opportunities for that ‘someone’ to remedy the situation. Extracting this passage from the book,

      “When we cling to views of others,
      which might not be true,
      we might not be true
      in our relationships with them.”

      Thank you, Bro. Shi’an and Sis. Weiya and Sis. Jetty for this book! It’s easy to understand for laypeople, including Non-Buddhists! I will introduce this to my friends and recommend them to get it! Thank you once again for the gift of Dharma!’

      Yay! So happy you like the book! Yes, because the stories are based on everyday situations, their messages are applicable to real life! Indeed, many of us make the horrible mistake of labeling some unfairly for life. And when our ill will is spread by words, the harm can be difficult to undo. Thank you for recommending the book to your friends!

      Peiyun (School Teacher & Mother):

      ‘Good book!’

      Kai Ying:

      ‘”The Amazing & Amusing Adventures of Sam & Sara” will amaze and amuse you with snippets of insights you can learn from daily life. The 100 different life situations of Sam & Sara are witty and meaningful. I find that some of their dialogue replies can be useful for our daily interactions with others. An entertaining read for all ages!’

      Linda (Entrepreneur):

      ‘Got mine today! Thanks Shian.’

      More about book @ http://thedailyenlightenment.com/category/11/sam-sara
      Get the book @ http://thedailyenlightenment.com/2012/07/get-sam-sara-book-here