Hellfire

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002

      Hellfire

      Zeph: Even when life is hell, hell keeps me from killing myself.
      I know I'll be jumping from the pan into the fire if I do,
      from a shallower hell into a deeper one!

      Karl: But sometimes life is so hellish,
      that I don't see why it shouldn't be ended! Even if it means going to hell!

      Zeph: If life comes to feel like an ultimate hell,
      then why go through the hassle of killing yourself to go to another hell?
      Bear with it! Whatever comes, be it hell or not, will come to pass!
      Remember your second worse experience to this?
      If you'd been through it okay, why not this time round too?
      You might be trained enough already!
      If not, this is training!
      As Shunryu Suzuki Roshi said, "Hell is not punishment; it is training."

      Buddhism states that committment of suicide is taking the highway to hell-
      since the person will die in an incredibly negative state of mind,
      while bearing the ill karma of taking precious human life.