[VSS] A Hidden Secret Whose Time Has Come

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2009

      Dear friends,

      A few years ago a book that detailed the connection between nutrition and many of today’s killer diseases was published. For a work of its nature, the publisher expected to sell no more than a few thousand copies then see it fade into obscurity.

      Well the publisher was proven wrong and The China Study became an international best-seller and has since moved some 400,000 copies!

      Hailed as the “Grand Prix of epidemiology” by The New York Times, its message – that proper nutrition is the way towards long-term health – is one whose time has come.

      The VSS team is thoroughly excited to finally have its author, Professor T. Colin Campbell, in Singapore! (You see we tried a few years ago but failed to secure the necessary funding, so you can imagine how delighted we are this time around!)

      So we hope you’ll make a date with us on Sat. 18 July 2pm. Ticket prices have been kept very reasonable so that as many as possible will be able to hear this life-changing message.

      Please find more details below and we hope to see you on the 18th!

      Sincerely,
      The VSS Team

      For more than 40 years, Dr. T. Colin Campbell has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His crowning achievement, the China Project, has been called the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted.

      The culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, the study examines more than 350 variables of health and nutrition with surveys from 6,500 adults in more than 2,500 counties across China and Taiwan. The results, summarized in Professor Campbell’s book, The China Study, suggest that:

      • a strong link exists between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses
      • proper nutrition can have a dramatic effect on reducing and reversing these ailments as well as curbing obesity
      • our current eating practices need urgent and dramatic change

      Spend a life-changing afternoon with Professor Campbell and discover whyThe China Study has been hailed as “one of the most important books about nutrition ever written (and how) reading it may save your life.1

      Program:

      2.00pm  Registration
      2.30pm  Achieving Long-Term Health (Movie Presentation)
      3.30pm  Food Fair (food for sale from top vegetarian restaurants)
      4.15pm  Talk and Q"A session by Professor T. Colin Campbell
      6.00pm  End

      Price:

      $20  (VSS members - password required)2
      $30  (non-members)
      $40  (packaged with The China Study book worth $30.70)3

      Buy your tickets now through SISTIC Website: www.sistic.com.sg, SISTIC Hotline: (65) 6348 5555 and SISTIC Authorized Agents islandwide.

      For other enquiries, just drop us an email here.

      Notes:
      1. Dean Ornish, MD, author, Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease
      2. For VSS members, please email us here for the required password. Kindly include your name and membership number.
      3. Present your $40 ticket on the day of the event to collect your copy of The China Study.

      Click here for Professor Campbell's bio.

      Proudly presented by Vegetarian Society (Singapore), a non-profit organisation.

      Join VSS and enjoy great discounts on all our events, plus many other benefits!