Cameron Highlands Afterthoughts (4): Hi Honey

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2001
      Hi Honey

      eph: Isn't taking honey from the bees stealing? Imagine coming home to realise all your precious hard-earned possessions gone.
      Clyde: Oh, not all the honey is extracted. Enough will be left for them. For some reason, they always have excess.
      Zeph: We have many possessions at home that are more than we need too. Yet we feel heartbroken when they are suddenly missing.
               We take because we think they have more than enough. But don't we too have more than enough?
               We think they don't really need the honey, yet we think we really need the honey. Interesting.
      Clyde: Well, sometimes we really need the honey- for healing physical ailments.
      Zeph: What if someone needs something you have at home for healing themselves? Will you give without question?
      Clyde: Probably not. But hey! The bees aren't complaining!
      Zeph: Maybe because they can't. But maybe they are willing to give selflessly.
      Clyde: Like untiring bee-zy buzzing Bodhisattvas!
      Zeph: Then that's something we ought to learn.